Win $5000 in Store Credit: DotCompetition 2023
We're excited to announce our upcoming DotCompetition! Create a video composition featuring you and your gear, and you could win some fantastic prizes.
- 1st place: 22 space thought box system or $5,000 in Synthesizers.com store credit
- 2nd place: $1,500 in Synthesizers.com store credit
- 3rd place: $500 in Synthesizers.com store credit
- All earnest submissions will receive a coupon code for 20% off their next purchase at Synthesizers.com
How to enter:
- Create a video composition that is 2-4 minutes long (or shorter/longer)
- Upload your video to any social media platform(s) of your choice with the hashtag #DotCompetition2023, you can also tag our social media channels.
- Fill out the submission form linked below, including the links to your social media post(s)
We encourage you to introduce yourself on camera, provide an introduction to the patch, and showcase the music and the use of Synthesizers.com products. Judges will evaluate all submissions based on creativity, originality, use of Synthesizers.com products, audio and video production value, introduction of the contestant and explanation of the patch, and the number of social media platforms to which the video was posted.
Additional tips, judging criteria and terms and conditions can be found below.
We can't wait to see your "DotCompetition 2023" submissions! If you have any questions or need more information, please feel free to reach out to us.
Rules/Terms and Conditions
Eligibility: The competition is open to anyone 18 years or older. Employees of Synthesizers.com and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
Deadline: Submissions open on April 20th, 2023. Submissions must be received to the submission form no later than 11:59 PM on May 30, 2023, Central Time.
Entry: To enter the competition, contestants must create a video composition that meets the following requirements:
- The video should be between 2-4 minutes long, but can be shorter or longer.
- The video can feature any type of music genre or style.
- The use of exclusively Synthesizers.com products is not required, but extra points will be given for patches that feature Synthesizers.com modules in interesting ways.
- The video should be uploaded to any social media platform(s) of the contestant's choice with the hashtag #dotcompetition2023.
- Contestants should then fill out the submission form on the Synthesizers.com website, which will include spaces to provide the links to the video on each social media platform.
- An introduction of themselves on camera, talking briefly about their music background and their inspiration for the composition.
- An introduction to the patch, explaining the modules used and the concept behind the patch.
- A video of the composition/patch, showcasing the music and the use of Synthesizers.com products.
- If the video is shot horizontally, contestants should make consideration that the video could also be cropped to be used in a vertical (9:16) video for better visibility on social media platforms.
- Creativity and originality of the composition
- Use of Synthesizers.com products in an interesting way (extra points)
- Audio production value (extra points for direct signal recording)
- Video production value (extra points for high-quality video)
- Introduction of the contestant and explanation of the patch (extra points for a brief 1-2 minute intro)
- Number of social media platforms the video was posted to (extra points)
- First Place: A 22 space thought box system or $5,000 in Synthesizers.com store credit.
- Second Place: $1,500 in Synthesizers.com store credit.
- Third Place: $500 in Synthesizers.com store credit.
- All contestants that compete in earnest will receive a 20% off coupon to the Synthesizers.com store
Notification: The winners will be notified via email and announced on Synthesizers.com social media channels.
Copyright: Contestants must have the rights to all music, sounds, and images used in their submission. By entering the competition, contestants grant Synthesizers.com the right to use their submission for promotional purposes. Contestant retains ownership of the video.Other Terms and Conditions: Synthesizers.com reserves the right to disqualify any entry that does not comply with the competition rules or that contains inappropriate content. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Synthesizers.com reserves the right to modify or cancel the competition at any time without prior notice.